Visionaire Nº20, 1997, ”Comme des Garçons”
Nov 01 983 notes
Prince - ‘Darkness’
Released on Andy Allo’s facebook page yesterday & very recently deleted as she got in trouble, this is a gorgeous rendition of early 90s track Dark/So Dark & contains samples from ‘Charlie Murphy’s True Hollywood Stories: Rick James’ 2004 skit.
Press play, close your eyes & ride the groove.
A Word From The Wise:
- “If you copy, it means you’re working without any real feeling. Not two people on earth are alike, and it’s got to be that way in music, or it isn’t music.” - Billie Holiday
- “When I sing, trouble can sit right on my shoulders and I wouldn’t notice.” - Sarah Vaughan
- “The only time that I am really truly happy, when I feel my best, is when I’m on stage.” - Etta James
- “Everything that happened to me as a child involved music. It was apart of everyday life, as automatic as breathing.” - Nina Simone
- “Being a singer is a natural gift. It means I’m using to the highest degree possible, the gift God gave me to use. I’m happy with that.” - Aretha Franklin
- “I am always aware that there’s an audience out there, and as a performer, I have to make a warm connection. People want to see as song as well as hear it.” - Nancy Wilson
- “I’ve been happily married to my profession for years.” - Shirley Bassey
- “I do not have an act, I just do Eartha Kitt. I want to be whoever Eartha Kitt is until the gods take me wherever they take me.” - Eartha Kitt
Prince made a guest appearance at the iHeart Radio Music Festival 2012 during Mary J. Blige’s set - He played guitar 4 “Sweet Thing”, then they did a duet of “Nothing Compares 2 U” - September 22, 2012…I was fine with everything, but them sunglasses
Sep 24 19 notes
With Halloween just around the corner (yay!!), I figured it was time to bring back this rad campaign from Ohio University.
There are endless cute, sexy, funny, even offensive costumes that don’t perpetuate racist stereotypes. There is really no excuse.
Sep 21 46,995 notes